Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
ILOCOS REGION CAMPUS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE ARCHITECTURAL AND DETAILED ENGINEERING DESIGN FOR THE REHABILITATION OF COMMUNITY CENTER 2 UNDER GAA 2023 OF PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL - ILOCOS REGION CAMPUS, BARANGAY POBLACION EAST, SAN ILDEFONSO, ILOCOS SUR
Bidding Documents: DOWNLOAD
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus through the General Appropriations Act of 2023 intends to apply the sum of TWO MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS (PhP 2,700,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for the Architectural and Detailed Engineering Design for the Rehabilitation of Community Center 2.
Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals. Partial bidding will not be allowed.
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus now calls for the submission of eligibility documents for Consultancy Services for the infrastructure project mentioned above (inclusive of field investigation and study to be accomplished not later than 15 calendar days after receipt of the Notice to Proceed; architectural and detailed engineering design to be accomplished not later than 45 calendar days from the completion of the approved Field Study and Investigation Reports; and periodic supervision every month, for the duration of the project construction phase up to project completion. Eligibility documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat on or before at Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on April 4, 2023 from the address stated above and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of two thousand seven hundred pesos (PhP 2,700.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest, including the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist of five (5) prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. The criteria and rating system for short listing are:
- Applicable experience of the consultant and members in case of joint ventures, considering both the overall experiences of the firm or in the case of new firms, the individual experiences of the principal and key staff, including the times when employed by other consultants;
- Qualification of personnel who may be assigned to the job vis-à-vis extent and complexity of the undertaking; and
- Current workload relative to capacity.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of RA 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality Cost Based Evaluation/Selection (QCBE/QCBS) The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
- The contract shall be completed within 60 calendar days (excluding project implementation supervision).
The BAC will conduct a pre-bid conference to shortlisted bidders on April 18, 2023 at 10:30 AM. Deadline of submission of bid proposals and bid opening will be on May 2, 2023, 10:30 AM. Both activities will be held at the Conference Room, Administration Building of Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur.
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
Ms. Jacquelyn O. Mirasol
Head, BAC Secretariat
Philippine Science High School
Ilocos Region Campus
San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur
Cellphone No.: 0917-650-2825
April 4, 2023.
(Sgd.) RONNIE R. CALANNO