Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
ILOCOS REGION CAMPUS
Invitation to Bid for PROCUREMENT OF ONE LOT TABLES AND CHAIRS
Bidding Documents: DOWNLOAD
Supplemental Bid Bulletin No. 1: DOWNLOAD
Supplemental Bid Bulletin No. 2: DOWNLOAD
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, through the General Appropriations Act of 2022 intends to apply the sum of one million six hundred eighty thousand pesos (PhP 1,680,000.00) being the ABC to payments under the contract for Procurement of One Lot Tables and Chairs. Bids received in excess of the ABC of each lot shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
- Color: blue
- Ergonomic classmate chair without writing board but with basket tray and with study table with ruler guide and pen holder
- Backrest height: at least 80 cm
- Seat height: at least 40 cm
- Seat depth: at least 38 cm
- Seat width: at least 40 cm
- Weight: at least 6 kg
- Mold insert: at least 2.5cm x 8.0 cm with metal basket tray – powder coated black, at least 38 cm x 29 cm adjustable metal legs, powder coated
- At least 4 mm thick virgin plastic; PPR
- Ergonomics design equivalent to 0.46 m x 0.40 m depth
- Steel frame shall be at least 1.5 mm thick painted, black; all fixed joints welded, with at least 2 inch diameter heavy duty plastic or hard rubber footings
Study Table’s Dimension:
- with adjustable legs
- maximum height of at least 80 cm
- with built-in bracket for book tray
- with metal support
- Color: blue
- at least 4 mm thick ABS plastic with component stiffer and steel bar support
- at least 0.40 m x 0.60 m table top with embossed ruler guide and pen holder; writing board (at least 60 cm x 40 cm)
- steel frame shall be at least 1.5 m thick epoxy painted, black; all fixed joints welded, with at least 2-inch diameter heavy duty plastic or hard rubber footing
- steel hook shall be at least 6 mm in diameter, epoxy painted, black, welded to the table steel frame
Delivery period: 30 calendar days
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus now invites bids for the above Procurement Project. Delivery of the Goods is required not later than 30 calendar days after receipt of Purchase Order or Notice to Proceed. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II (Instructions to Bidders).
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA No. 5183.
- Prospective Bidders may obtain further information from Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours (8:00 AM -5:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays) starting July 28, 2022.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on July 28, 2022 up to before deadline of submission of bids from the given address and websites below and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of one thousand six hundred pesos (PhP 1,600.00). The Procuring Entity shall allow the bidder to present its proof of payment for the fees either in person, by facsimile or through electronic means.
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus will hold a Pre-Bid Conference at the Conference Room, Administration Building of Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur on August 5, 2022 at 1:30 PM. Pursuant to quarantine protocols and strict implementation of physical distancing due to the pandemic, the scheduled meeting may be accessed thru this link: https://google.com/gfs-ajsy-bdf for online access via Google Meet. See Annex A re: Advisory on Attending Pre-Bid and Bid Opening Conferences.
- Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat through manual submission at the designated box found at the Procurement Office of Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus or a courier service on or before August 17, 2022 at 1:30 PM. Late bids shall not be accepted.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 14.
- Bid opening shall be on August 17, 2022 at 1:30 PM at the Conference Room, Administration Building of Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur. Pursuant to the community quarantine and strict implementation of physical distancing due to the pandemic, the scheduled meeting may be accessed thru this link: https://google.com/cfi-naao-vrx for online access via Google Meet. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend the opening. Late bids shall not be accepted. Unsealed or unmarked bid envelopes shall also be rejected.
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Sections 35.6 and 41 of the 2016 revised IRR of RA No. 9184, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
Ms. Evangeline T. Tabula
Head, BAC Secretariat
Philippine Science High School
Ilocos Region Campus
San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur
Cellphone No.: 0917-836-1157
- You may visit the following websites: For downloading of Bidding Documents: https://irc.pshs.edu.ph/ and https://www.philgeps.gov.ph/
July 27, 2022
(Sgd.) RONNIE R. CALANNO