Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
ILOCOS REGION CAMPUS
Invitation to Bid for the PROCUREMENT OF ONE LOT SECONDARY INTERNET ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION FOR FY 2024
Bidding Documents: DOWNLOAD
Supplemental Bid Bulletin No. 1: DOWNLOAD
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, through the FY 2024 National Expenditure Program intends to apply the sum of eight hundred seventy nine thousand nine hundred thirty seven pesos (PhP 879,937.00) being the ABC to payments under the contract for the Procurement of One Lot Secondary Internet Access Subscription for FY 2024 with identification number PR# 2023-11-894. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
Dedicated internet access service connection via Fiber Optic Cable leased line to be provided by a duly established Internet Service Provider (ISP) or a telecommunication company (Telco) from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024:
a. with at least 350Mbps, symmetric DL/UL
b. with at least 5 public IPs
c. totally unlimited (no fair usage policy)
d. with not less than 99.5% internet availability per monthly billing cycle
e. with 24/7 call center and field engineer support
f. with fix/repair time not exceeding 24 hours done by skilled technicians
g. with local service center and assigned accounts manager
h. with regular visits for speed testing, fiber optic cable integrity inspection from ISP end terminal to PSHS-IRC point of presence
i. with network monitoring application for monitoring network devices and traffic
j. the service provider shall not be the agency’s primary internet service provider
k. the service provider shall be a National Telecommunication Commission (NTC) registered/accredited company.
l. the domestic and international fiber backbone shall be owned and managed by the ISP/Telco and shall not rely on another provider to deliver the required service.
m. sub-contracting and wireless solutions will not be accepted
n. delivery period: thirty (30) calendar days
o. payment shall be on a monthly basis. Payment shall be made only for the services actually rendered.
Note: Any expenses for equipment/materials necessary for the installation and proper functioning of the internet connectivity shall be shouldered by the contractor. Waived One-Time-Charge (OTC)
January 1 to December 31, 2024
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus now invites bids for the above Procurement Project. Provision of internet subscription should commence on January 1, 2024 and shall end on December 31, 2024. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II (Instructions to Bidders).
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA No. 5183.
- Prospective Bidders may obtain further information from Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours (8:00 AM -5:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays) starting November 10, 2023.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on November 10, 2023 up to before deadline of submission of bids from the given address and websites below and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of eight hundred seventy pesos (PhP 870.00). The Procuring Entity shall allow the bidder to present its proof of payment for the fees either in person, by facsimile or through electronic means. Payment could be done personally at the PSHS-IRC’s Cashier’s Office or through postal money order.
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus will hold a Pre-Bid Conference at the Conference Room of Administration Building, Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur on November 17, 2023 at 8:30 AM. The scheduled meeting may be accessed thru this link: https://bit.ly/pshsirc-prebid for online access via Zoom.
- Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat through manual submission at the designated box found at the Procurement Office of Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus or a courier service on or before November 29, 2023 at 8:30 AM. Late bids shall not be accepted.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 14.
- Bid opening shall be on November 29, 2023 at 8:35 AM. at the Conference Room, Administration Building of Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus, San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur. The scheduled meeting may be accessed thru this link: https://bit.ly/pshsirc-bidopening for online access via Zoom. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend the opening. Late bids shall not be accepted. Unsealed or unmarked bid envelopes shall also be rejected.
- The Philippine Science High School – Ilocos Region Campus reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Sections 35.6 and 41 of the 2016 revised IRR of RA No. 9184, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
Ms. Jacquelyn O. Mirasol
Head, BAC Secretariat
Philippine Science High School
Ilocos Region Campus
San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur
Cellphone No.: 0917-650-2825
- You may visit the following websites: For downloading of Bidding Documents: https://irc.pshs.edu.ph/ and https://www.philgeps.gov.ph/
November 9, 2023
(Sgd) RONNIE R. CALANNO